عنوان مقاله [English]
Attracting and retaining customers is the best way to increase profitability based on rapid changes in competitive markets. The purpose of this study was to determine the relation between relationship marketing and shopping behavior and customer loyalty in swimming pools. The statistical population consisted of all customers of pools in Birjand and 253 completed questionnaires from a total of 260 respondents were analyzed. Marketing and Shopping Behavior Questionnaire (Kim, 2008) and Customer Loyalty Inventory (Liu, 2008) were used to collect data. Reliability of the questionnaires was 0.93, 0.90 and 0.76 based on Cronbach's alpha test for relationship marketing questionnaire, shopping behavior and customer loyalty respectively. Pearson correlation and structural equation modeling were used to analyze the data of this research. The results showed there is a significant relationship between relationship marketing, shopping behavior and customer loyalty. Also the results of the pathway analysis confirmed the conceptual model of the research. Based on the findings, it is suggested that relationship marketing should be considered as one of the effective factors in attracting and retaining sports customers
1. Biddiscombe, R. (2004). The Business of Sport Tourism Report: Sport Business Group.
2. Buhalis, D., & Law, R. (2008). Progress in information technology and tourism management: 20 years on and 10 years after the Internet—the state of tourism research. Tourism Management, 29 (4), 609-623.
3.Frias, D.M., Rodriguez, M.A., & Castaneda, J.A. (2008). Internet vs. travel agencies on pre-visit destination image formation: An information processing view. Tourism Management, 29 (1), 163-179.
4. Gibson, H.J., Attle, S.P., & Yiannakis, A. (1998). Segmenting the active sport tourist market: A life-span perspective. Journal of vacation marketing, 4 (1), 52-64.
5. Gratton C., Dobson, N., & Shibli, S. (2012). The role of major sports events in the economic regeneration of cities: Lessons from six World or European Championships. Routledge Online Studies on the Olympic and Paralympic Games, 1 (45), 35-45.
6. Ghasemi, H., (2007). Sport development through the television in Iran Journal of Research in sport sciences, 17. (Persian)
7. Ghasemi, H. & Parsi Poor, S., (2005). Sport Tourism, The First National and International Congress in Sport Management, Mars 2005, Esfahan university. (Persian)
8. Guee,Ch.V, (2003). Tourism in comprehensive perspective, translated by Ali Parsaian and Seyed Mohammad Arabi, Second Version, Tehran, Cultural Researches office.
9. Hjalager, A.M. (2007). Stages in the economic globalization of tourism. Annals of Tourism Research, 34 (2), 437-457.
10. Ho,C.I.,& Liu, Y. (2005). An exploratory investigation of web-based tourist information search behavior. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 10 (4), 351-360.
11. Javid, M., Asadi, H., Goodarzi, M., Mohammadi Torkamani, E., ( 2012). The role of Internet and modern medias in sport tourism marketing, Journal of Applied Researches in Sport Management, 1(3). (Persian)
12. Kaplanidou, K., & Vogt, C. (2006). A structural analysis of destination travel intentions as a function of web site features. Journal of Travel research, 45 (2), 204-216.
13. Kim S.S., & Petrick, J.F. (2005). Residents’ perceptions on impacts of the FIFA 2002 World Cup: the case of Seoul as a host city. Tourism Management, 26 (1), 25-38.
14. Mercille, J. (2005). Media effects on image: The case of Tibet. Annals of Tourism Research, 32 (4), 1039-1055.
15. Mohsin A. (2005). Tourist attitudes and destination marketing—the case of Australia's Northern Territory and Malaysia. Tourism Management, 26 (5), 723-732.
16. Mahdavian Mashadi, M. (2008). Study on thr role of Mass Media on Women sports, Master thesis in Sport Management, Guilan University. (Persian)
17. Mahdavian Mashadi, M., Hemati Nejhad , M.A., Ahmadi, A.H. & Ehsani, M.(2012). Comparison of current and optimum situation of Radio, Television, and journals about women sports from elites point of view , journal of Communication Researches, 69, section of Sport and Media(2). (Persian)
18. Okaka, W. (2007). The role of media communications in developing tourism policy and cross cultural communication for peace, security for sustainable tourism industry in Africa. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 4 th International Institute of Peace through Tourism (IIPT), African Conference on Peace through Tourism at Educators’ Forum, Kampala (Uganda).
19. Preuss, H., & Solberg, H.A. (2006). Attracting major sporting events: the role of local residents. European Sport Management Quarterly, 6 (4), 391-411.
20. Tony, SM, & Zhang, E.Y. (2012). Analysis of Blogs and Microblogs: A Case Study of Chinese Bloggers Sharing Their Hong Kong Travel Experiences.
21. Tu, Y.H. (2011). Destination Marketing on the Internet: The Effectiveness of Advanced Website Features.IRIDESCENT.Ling Tung University
22. Veltri, FR, Miller, J., & Harris, A. (2009). Club sport national tournament: economic impact of a small event on a mid-size community. Recreational Sports Journal, 33 (2), 119-128.
23. Wolfe, R., Meenaghan, T., & O'Sullivan, P. (2002). The sports network: insights into the shifting balance of power. Journal of Business Research, 55 (7), 611-622.
24.Ziakas,V. (2010). Understanding an event portfolio: the uncovering of interrelationships, synergies, and leveraging opportunities. Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events, 2 (2), 144-164.