عنوان مقاله [English]
The present study was carried out with the aim of determining the role of the mass media in developing sport tourism in the province of Isfahan, Iran. The participants in the study includes all the managers and employees in Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organization and travel agencies (N=2000) among whom 350 were selected using Cochran's formula and random sampling method. The questionnaire consisted of 45 items in form of three factors. After establishing the face and content validity of the questionnaire, the construct validity of that was also investigated through exploratory factor analysis (EFA). In order to determine the reliability of the data collection tool, the Cronbach Alpha was sued and a reliability coefficient of 0.812 was obtained. The results obtained from the Friedman’s analysis of the variance suggested a significant difference among the roles of the different types of media in improving sport tourism in Isfahan (P <0.05). The audiovisual, modern, and print media were in the first, second, and third positions respectively. Therefore, it is important that necessary measures be adopted to support the audiovisual media in order to improve sport tourism in the province of Isfahan.
10. Ho,C.I.,& Liu, Y. (2005). An exploratory investigation of web-based tourist information search behavior. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 10 (4), 351-360.
11. Javid, M., Asadi, H., Goodarzi, M., Mohammadi Torkamani, E., ( 2012). The role of Internet and modern medias in sport tourism marketing, Journal of Applied Researches in Sport Management, 1(3).
12. Kaplanidou, K., & Vogt, C. (2006). A structural analysis of destination travel intentions as a function of web site features. Journal of Travel research, 45 (2), 204-216.
13. Kim S.S., & Petrick, J.F. (2005). Residents’ perceptions on impacts of the FIFA 2002 World Cup: the case of Seoul as a host city. Tourism Management, 26 (1), 25-38.
14. Mercille, J. (2005). Media effects on image: The case of Tibet. Annals of Tourism Research, 32 (4), 1039-1055.
15. Mohsin A. (2005). Tourist attitudes and destination marketing—the case of Australia's Northern Territory and Malaysia. Tourism Management, 26 (5), 723-732.
16. Mahdavian Mashadi, M. (2008). Study on thr role of Mass Media on Women sports, Master thesis in Sport Management, Guilan University.
17. Mahdavian Mashadi, M., Hemati Nejhad , M.A., Ahmadi, A.H., Ehsani, M.(2012). Comparison of current and optimum situation of Radio, Television, and journals about women sports from elites point of view , journal of Communication Researches, 69, section of Sport and Media(2).
18. Okaka, W. (2007). The role of media communications in developing tourism policy and cross cultural communication for peace, security for sustainable tourism industry in Africa. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 4 th International Institute of Peace through Tourism (IIPT), African Conference on Peace through Tourism at Educators’ Forum, Kampala (Uganda).
19. Preuss, H., & Solberg, H.A. (2006). Attracting major sporting events: the role of local residents. European Sport Management Quarterly, 6 (4), 391-411.
20. Tony, SM, & Zhang, E.Y. (2012). Analysis of Blogs and Microblogs: A Case Study of Chinese Bloggers Sharing Their Hong Kong Travel Experiences.
20. Tu, Y.H. (2011). Destination Marketing on the Internet: The Effectiveness of Advanced Website Features.IRIDESCENT.Ling Tung University
21. Veltri, FR, Miller, J., & Harris, A. (2009). Club sport national tournament: economic impact of a small event on a mid-size community. Recreational Sports Journal, 33 (2), 119-128.
22. Wolfe, R., Meenaghan, T., & O'Sullivan, P. (2002). The sports network: insights into the shifting balance of power. Journal of Business Research, 55 (7), 611-622.
23. Ziakas,V. (2010). Understanding an event portfolio: the uncovering of interrelationships, synergies, and leveraging opportunities. Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events, 2 (2), 144-164.